Sunday 5 March 2006

Coffee to go

I haven't published a post recently as I have been aware for a little while. My wife and I (and our daughter) were over in England for a conference for a few days. We also took the opportunity to visit my family and friends and drink some coffee.

Some of the memorable locations for coffee and talking included:
  • Complementary coffee from the (free!) upgrade lounge on the ferry crossing.
  • The Tea Rooms at Hampton Court catching up with some good friends (although most of the catching up was me chasing my daughter around the tables apologizing to other customers).
  • In a Travelodge room with my wife and daughter.
  • At a cafe in the underground shopping area of Canary Warf in London.
  • At the Starbucks in Borders bookshop (what a great combination) while my parents were babysitting and my wife and I looked through books of baby names.
  • And, perhaps most memorable of all for good and bad reasons, the Krispy Kreme cafe in Bluewater shopping centre. Bad because it got wrapped up in a painful twenty minute (unscheduled) separation from my unresourced wife and full bladdered daughter. Good because...well you really have to have a Krispy Kreme doughnut fresh from the conveyor belt to understand.

No comments: