Sunday 28 June 2009

Don't try this at home, kids

When a professional barista enters a championship the three drinks they present to the judges include their most excellent straight espresso, an exquisite cappuccino, and a signature drink which is an espresso based creation of their own.

This evening my wife asked me what signature drink I would make to represent our kids. As it happened the children were watching one of their favourite shows - Charlie and Lola (probably the best children's animated show around at the moment. And it has an brilliant theme tune that just seems to make you feel nostalgic for childhood). Lola is particularly keen on strawberry flavoured milk so it seemed obvious and easy enough to make a pink milk latte. So I mixed together a little Nesquick and gave it a go.

I have to say that aesthetically it looked quite good. I managed to pour the steamed milk to create a pink heart on the top of the dark coffee. But oh my goodness, it did not work as a drink! Even the tentative half-sip was enough to make me gag.


If you're curious as to what the real guys do you can check out the 2009 World Barista Champion, a Welshman who works for a small coffee outlet in London.

6 comments:

Ali said...

I'm not quite getting this, I thought you made a warm pink milkshake ( yuck!) But then you mentioned coffee...

Not that I'll be trying it out you understand

Cosmo said...

No, your first assumption was right. Basically a warm pink milkshake added to a shot of espresso.

Oh man, just the thought of it again is starting to turn my stomach.

Ali said...

Gross!

Snot Head (a.k.a Kylie) said...

It sounded utterly disgusting from the start! I just cannot fathom mixing anything fruity with my coffee. It was a good effort on your part, though. We live and learn! :)

raybanoutlet001 said...

cheap oakley sunglasses
michael kors outlet
converse trainers
ecco
eagles jerseys
michael kors handbags outlet
houston texans jerseys
carolina panthers jersey
coach factory outlet
cheap nhl jerseys

zzyytt said...

jordan 12
jordan shoes
nfl store
nike shoes
kobe shoes
yeezy boost
birkin bag
air force 1
lacoste polo
longchamp outlet