Thursday 28 September 2006

Free Coffee

There is still a few more days to go until the end of 'Spend Nothing September' and, to be honest, I'm quite proud of myself. I've only slipped up once. Right at the start of the month I went out to study at the library, but it was closed. So, rather than walk back home, I went to Moda for a drink and as a place to study. All I bought was a tea for 1.35.

Needless to say, I'm looking forward to October when I can buy coffee (and other stuff) again. I fear that any money saved in September could easily be blown in October if I'm not careful.

But tonight I realised that I needn't have suffered for so long without my regular latte because in my wallet is a small stack of loyalty cards for free coffee! (You know, buy 10 drinks and get the next one free.) The only problem is I would feel a bit embarrassed to go into a coffeehouse just for the free drink - it's probably the Englishness in me.

Here's what I've got on the go at the moment:

I've filled up two cards from Moda (that's two free coffees) plus I'm on my way to a third.
McCafe owe me a free one (actually, now that I think about it I don't mind just getting the free coffee from McCafe. It would be like sticking it to the man. Kind of.)
I'm one drink away from a free one at BB's and half way there with O'Briens, Bench Cafe, and Insomnia (they still haven't opened their store near me yet.)

By the looks of it I am also entitled to a free photo development and almost there with a free refill for a printer cartridge. I think I also have a card somewhere for a bookstore.

Anyway, if you want to go out for coffee in the next few days I'll gladly come along as long as you don't mind paying for your own while I use the loyalty card.