Tuesday 30 June 2009

Does anyone else think this..?

I walked past an Insomnia cafe yesterday and noticed a big poster in their window advertising their new "recession busting menu" which included a muffin and any coffee for only €3. So called great deals like this are springing up all over the place. Not just at cafes, but for cars, TVs, furniture, whatever!

While I assume that I'm meant to feel some sense of appreciation and excitement at being able to get a coffee and muffin for only €3, that's not my first thought. The first thing that come into my mind is: 'Now only €3! I knew you had been ripping me off this whole time. And I can't help thinking you are still making a good profit.'

6 comments:

Nicoley said...

We're not called the 'Rip Off Republic' for nothing...!

Wallace said...

I hear ya - Brother... It does feel like a rip off... But I still gotta have my coffee!

Ali said...

That's basically three quid! That's still too dear

Snot Head (a.k.a Kylie) said...

You are probably so right. If they can afford to charge us all the lower prices now, and they are doing the same thing in the U.S., the could have afforded it all along. Sweet, right? :o(

Unknown said...

nike roshe run
james harden shoes
harden shoes
huarache shoes
cheap basketball shoes
yeezy boost 350 v2
timberland outlet
michael kors outlet store
true religion
timberland boots

raybanoutlet001 said...

ray bans
coach outlet
los angeles lakers jerseys
ghd hair straighteners
michael kors outlet store
nike trainers
coach outlet
cheap nike shoes
cheap oakley sunglasses
coach outlet