Thursday 17 April 2008

Rathmines Festival

As I walked past my local coffeehouse there was a tap on the window and M invited me inside. The offer of a free cup of coffee and catching up was too much to pass by.

I got to know M a little last year when he headed up the committee I was on for the Rathmines Festival. M has passed on that responsibility this year, but was helping to run the 'Festival Office' located in the coffeehouse. I couldn't be on the committee this year because of a busy study schedule and the impending arrival of baby number 3 - the due date coincides with the festival. It's a pity really. I think I could have handled running the festival office while sipping lattes and watching the world go by.

Anyway, the Rathmines Festival is this weekend. Some good stuff going on which I hope to get along to, unless number 3...

5 comments:

Ali said...

Ooooooo ... when's no. 3 due ....

Cosmo said...

24th April is the due date, so any day now really.

My wife woke me up the other night with an "Owww!". I started to panic, but it turned out to just be a cramp in the leg. "Oh", says I, and fell back to sleep.

Ali said...

so you are counting down the sleeps then :-)

Ali said...

no sign of no.3??

Cosmo said...

No, nothing yet...although you would think it had happened due to my distinct lack of blogging/blog reading lately.

I'll let you know!