Tuesday 24 June 2008

When two worlds almost collide

Last week, as a family, we had the opportunity to take a couple of days break and head to the West of Ireland. I knew that we wouldn't be far from blogging buddy Walace, so I thought this was too good an opportunity to pass up. A face to face, real world encounter with another blogger. Over coffee.

Ironically, Walace was going to be over on my side of the country while I was in his. This didn't deter me though. A tip from Walace lead me to his local cafe. It's an Arabica Coffee Company cafe, a coffee chain local to County Galway - although it looks like they are coming to Dublin this summer.

Anyway, despite it being a bit small to accommodate a family of five and a mother-in-law, the cafe was a warm and welcome relief from what we had just experienced a few minutes earlier. The kids liked the huge chocolate Rice Krispie Treats!

4 comments:

Ali said...

Cosmo, you are eother an extremely brave man, or a very mad one!!

Wallace said...

Cosmo... so sorry that we missed each other... we will have to make it happen next time we come to dublin.

jsi said...

What a magnificent video!! I'm chilly just watching. What a smile your teeth chattering Charlie showed...brave of you all to dive right in.
Everyone deserves a cuppa after all that. Forget the Rice Krispie squares, make it hot liquid on the double.
Glad you had such a great time.

Dana said...

Oh, as I said on your family blog, loved that you could see through the water. We don't have that luxury here in Texas, our beaches have been ruined by too many refineries and oil spills. BUT, I do love the beach so and will go whenever I get the chance.

And I also said, adorable kids!